Check out our 'Olelo PSA!
Mahalo nui to 'Olelo Community Media for inviting us to record a free PSA (public service announcement) in their professional studios in Mapunapuna.
Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are created via ‘Ōlelo’s PSA Service. This service offers O’ahu’s non-profit organizations, educators, and government agencies a quick and easy way to create simple video messages at no cost. Script a short message that shares information about your organization’s mission, services, or impact, and then email [email protected] to schedule a recording session at their Māpunapuna Media Service Center.
It’s easy to participate:
- Designate one spokesperson from your organization.
- Develop a thirty or sixty second message about your organization. It’s OK if your message is not exactly thirty or sixty seconds, but the shorter the better for the PSA format. Please do not go over sixty seconds.
- Please ensure your message is evergreen (not date-specific).
- No commercial speech, requests for donations or info about fundraising.
- The background will be black; please don’t wear white, black or small busy patterns. The camera will only record from your chest to your head.
- A teleprompter will not be available, so memorization and practice is key (don’t worry – you’ll have a few chances to get it right).
- Email us a copy of your organization’s logo or bring it on a flash drive. Please make sure the logo is a high resolution graphic with jpeg, png, tiff or gif extensions.
- Write a tagline or brief slogan of your group’s mission.
- We will add your spokesperson’s name, the organization’s name and contact information. Please bring a business card.
- One PSA per organization per year.
- Complete this PSA Release Form and email it along with your organization’s logo to schedule a recording session at the Media Service Center. The release form should be signed by the person appearing on camera.
‘Ōlelo will air your message on all of its channels and will email you a copy for your use.
Contact: Ōlelo Community Media at [email protected].